Ayra Starr Explains Her Stage Name, Reveals Don Jazzy’s Input (READ NOW)

Nigerian singer Ayra Starr revealed how she got her stage name in a chat with Arise TV.

She explained that “Ayra” was her idea from the Yoruba term ‘Ira,’ intending it to mean ‘woke and open-minded.’

Don Jazzy, her label boss, suggested adding ‘Starr’ for added depth. Before joining Mavin Records, she was known as “Oyin,” a nickname from her first name, Oyinkansola.

In her words in the interview;

“There is this Yoruba name called Ira, I wanted people to pronounce it as ‘Aira.’ And I was like the only way the can pronounce it is by spelling it ‘A Y R A.’”

“So, I was thinking about it and something just told me to go ‘A Y R A.’ And went I did, everything just came together: The meaning of the name, it felt like God was speaking to me.”

“And ‘Starr’ was Don Jazzy’s idea. Ayra means ‘woke and open minded.’ And that’s what I want. I want to be honoured and respected.”

The post Ayra Starr Explains Her Stage Name, Reveals Don Jazzy’s Input (READ NOW) appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.



from Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website https://ift.tt/i0O9ySR
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/QDa5Kti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NL LIST!! Top 8 African Countries With The Most Curvy Women With Big Yansh (No. 2, 3 & 6 Will Make You Cum)💦

Adekunle Gold Ft. JayO & Byron Messia – Party No Dey Stop (Remix)

Alabareports Ft. DJ Max & Hypeman Willy Willz – Yoruba Hype Mixtape